Cathédrale Notre-Dame des Doms
The earliest recorded mention of Notre-Dame des Doms cathedral dates from 1037. The current cathedral as we see it today was built in the 12th century in three successive phases. The belltower and nave, then the cupola, and lastly the portico. The cathedral was enlarged during the last two centuries of the Middle Ages, with the addition of side chapels. A new apse and tribunes were added in the late 17th century. There is a chapel with the tomb of Pope John XXII, and the church treasure of liturgical vestments and objects.