• Print
  • Send to a friend
  • Decrease text size Increase text size

Campredon Art Centre

OpenFrom 01 January 2019 to 31 December 2019
Services
    Shop, Guided tours
    Throughout the year the museum hosts temporary exhibitions. Right now you find the artist Nils Udo outlining the theme of nature through different art forms. A cultural place allows its use for schools, Islois or people passing through.
    The Centre Campredon was built in 1746 for Charles-Joseph de Campredon, from an old family of landowners whose origins date back to the 16th century. The Hotel features a beautiful architecture full of balance on three levels. It was sold on January 18, 1865 by the Marquis de Lespine, heir to the Campredons, to the nuns of Saint-Charles. Acquired by the city in 1978, it was restored with the help of the Conseil Général du Vaucluse to house the Musée-bibliothèque René Char, inaugurated in 1982. As this activity could not continue, the Campredon Art and Culture Association offered the public numerous exhibitions of modern and contemporary art, dedicated to the great names of the 20th century. In 2003, the Campredon hotel reopened its doors, after a period of work, to provide artistic events and temporary exhibitions throughout the year.

    Contact20 rue du Docteur Tallet,84800 L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue